Monday, January 26, 2009

Lesson #1: Tennis Balls Freeze


So I'm not really surprised by the physics of this lesson but I was not expecting Oscar's tennis ball to be glued to the inside of the Chuckit on today's morning walk. It never occurred to me that a fuzzy tennis ball could actually freeze, especially since it wasn't too cold overnight. Yet when I tried to throw him his first toss it felt like I was operating a catapult with a rock at one end that just wouldn't budge. I tried to loose the ball a number of times conventionally until I had to break down and pry it out with my hands. I'm surprised he was willing to pick it up in his mouth before it had a chance to thaw but, then again, Oscar does feel quite strongly towards his ball.

I'm guessing that the ball must have been waterlogged from the day before to aid the freezing process. OK, saliva-logged.

No comments:

Post a Comment